01 Feb Plan your month: February 2018 [FREE DOWNLOAD]
“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.”
― Benjamin Franklin
Can you believe it is already the second month of 2018? It feels like my feet has hardly touched the ground these past few weeks!
There’s no better way to start a new month than getting ahead of your schedule in terms of planning.
If you’re a business owner, marketing manager or person in charge of making sure your marketing and social media efforts stay on track, then keep on reading…
How to plan for the new month:
Step one: Monthly Review
I like to start off with doing a monthly review of all the digital channels of the business. For the review I take the following steps:
- Browse through your website(s) and check that all links are working, content is up to date, and there’s no errors or outdated content showing. Make a list of all updates necessary.
- Check your stats on Google Analytics and capture monthly performance to measure against previous and future months. Make a note of improvements necessary to reach your annual goals.
- Browse through all your social media channels and check information, images etc. and make a list of all changes necessary.
- Capture all social media stats to measure your progress and see if you’re on track with your annual goals. Note improvements you would like to see in the new month.
- Review budget for the month and see if there are any adjustments/improvements that you need to make on paid advertising platforms.
Step two: Planning
After I’ve reviewed everything from the previous month, I go ahead and create the plan for the new month (remember to also have your annual plan & goals open when doing this).
- Create/update your content plan (you should ideally already have a rough idea of this and some content created during the previous month, based on your annual plan).
- Make a checklist of all content required (from social media posts, blog posts, videos, podcasts etc.)
- Schedule time in your calendar to create the content briefs/content and publish. Schedule any posts that you already have the content for on social media using Buffer or Hootsuite.
- Set/adjust your targets for the month ahead
- Brief your web designer/developer and social media managers on required changes/errors that you’ve picked up on during the review.
And that’s pretty much it!
My theme for February (the month of love) is: Create a lovable brand – so look forward to some awesome related content coming during the month. Also, if you need help with your brand, give us a shout!
If you’re not sure where to start planning your month, download our free February calendar below.